8

7 awesome facts about humans (to be thankful for)

In my previous post I presented a list of my favorite weird facts about humans. And as today many of my blogging friends are celebrating Thanksgiving, I figured it would be a great day to make a list of facts that make our humans awesome.

And so, without much further ado, I present you my list of favorite awesome facts about humans:
  1. Even though they're pretty slow creatures, they do seem to be great at providing food. Somehow I suspect they don't hunt for it by themselves, as it'd take them a really long time to hunt, prepare AND package everything on their own. So I think they somehow make other humans do the job for them, which is really brilliant (a trick that was surely borrowed from us, cats).
  2. They can do some really amazing things with their opposable thumbs and strange looking front paws. Like opening cans of food in a matter of seconds (although that could always be done faster!) or making the most boring things move like prey. I think that somehow makes up for the lack of proper claws.
  3. They have a lot of great gadgets and tools that make their lives easier or more fun. Think microwave oven. Computers and the internet. Forks and knives. And let's not forget some of the wonderful human made cat toys and even brushes that help to keep our coats nice and tidy! Really amazing, although I'm pretty sure cats could invent al that and much more if only we had their thumbs and if... *purrs*... Sorry, where was I? I just took a little nap there. Ahem, moving on.
  4. They fill their homes with a wide range of chewable things and toys that any cat can enjoy. Now, to a cat most things in human homes look like toys, but for some reason humans don't always agree with us (think wires). So, you should pay attention to how your humans react and learn about what you can chew or play with. Or, alternatively, you can just play with anything you want and look super cute when they catch you doing it. They won't be mad for long.
  5. Speaking of cute - they seem to be unable to resist cute napping poses, which somehow always makes them want to pet our tummies and stroke our heads (can I hear you purring already?). That's an amazing characteristic!
  6. Additionally, the sound of purring seems to make humans very happy, so you can use that plus your cuteness to get away with most things (hint: practice that big, cute eyes look) or get cuddled. A lot. The humans just can't seem to be able to resist that combination.
  7. They make sure our litter boxes are always clean and fresh. Now that's something I gladly leave to my humans! 
I thank thee, silly humans, with this cute napping pose
and the permission to rub my belly


So, you can see that these silly creatures do have some awesomeness in them. You just have to look a bit harder to find it.

And that's why I'd like to extend my soft paw today and send a big thank you to all the awesome humans, who take really good care of their cat (and other animal) friends and make sure we have happy, stress-free lives (all 9 of them). I just wish all cats in the world would have the pleasure of having an awesome human servant or two like we do. So, if you have the luck of owning some awesome humans, don't forget to give them a gentle, loving head butt today, to show them you appreciate their concern. Happy Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

Ginger Jasper said...

Thats a lot of realy good facts there. I am also very thankful I have two realy loving humans.. I am also thankful I have a lot of lovely blog friends like you.. Love that last picture.. Hugs GJ xx

Glogirly and Katie said...

Epic, you've put together a very thoughtful and heartfelt list. I totally agree... especially about the parts that us cats either invented or could probably do better anyway. You're right though, we are very lucky to have a human or two in our lives that think we are the cat's meow.

Thanks for being our friend.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
with love from Katie
(...and Glogirly)

lokithecat said...

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you.

Loki xoxoxox

Epic the Cat said...

Thanks for all the nice comments, I'm also very thankful to all the love I get from the cat blogosphere *purrs*

Inigo Flufflebum and d'Artagnan Rumblepurr said...

Ohhh, Epic! Those are so lovely, and our human thinks you're even sweeter now (you better run if she sees you, or she'll SCOOP you up and kiss your head lots!)

Harry Spotter said...

I am thankful for my humans too. They are very lucky to have such a great cat like you. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving and you got your tummy full of turkey.

Harry Spotter

Epic the Cat said...

Thanks Rumbles and Indigo (I don't mind being kissed a lot, my mom does that all the time!).

And thanks, Harry. We don't celebrate thanksgiving over here, so there was no turkey. But I got tuna instead, so I'm not complaining! *purrs*

Amy and The House of Cats said...

Epic that is a great list - it is in fact EPIC (ha ha).

Related Posts with Thumbnails