These are my favorite weird facts about humans:
- They have no fur to speak of, although most humans have funny hair on their heads, and some also have parts of their faces covered with hair. Now, I've heard of cat breeds that don't have fur, but humans can't seem to be able to decide whether to keep or get rid of their hair!
- They seem to be unable to groom themselves and have to take daily baths to get cleaned and (for some reason) change their smell. I'm all for embracing diversity here, as long as they don't try to bathe me!
- They usually sleep through the night and don't want to play with me during that time. I occasionally bring my toy mouse into their bed in case they'd change their minds about that, but so far I've had little success.
- Speaking of sleeping; for some reason they don't nap often or at all during the day. It's no wonder they're all tired during the night!
- I've also noticed that they can't see well during the night. They keep turning the lights on when they're looking for me after sunset, even though I can see them quite well.
- It's no wonder they choose to walk on their rear paws, as they're very slow and clumsy when they try to move on all four paws. Granted, their front paws have other advantages, but overall they are still pretty slow creatures.
- And they seem unable to climb. At all. But I'm not really surprised about that, as their claws aren't really sharp and they are also of the wrong shape. My humans sometimes pretend to scratch my scratching post with me, but I can see they can't really do it properly. I feel sorry for them - scratching is fun, and climbing even more so!
Human paws: not great at moving or climbing,
but excellent for chin stroking *purrs*
In the mean time, I'm curious to hear about what your favorite weird facts about humans are? Let me know by leaving a comment here or writing your own blog post about that!