8

7 weird facts about humans

I really enjoy spending time with my humans and observe their silly habits. I've lived with humans since I was born, so I've had plenty of time to notice their unique characteristics. And they never stop to amaze me in so many different ways.

These are my favorite weird facts about humans:
  1. They have no fur to speak of, although most humans have funny hair on their heads, and some also have parts of their faces covered with hair. Now, I've heard of cat breeds that don't have fur, but humans can't seem to be able to decide whether to keep or get rid of their hair!
  2. They seem to be unable to groom themselves and have to take daily baths to get cleaned and (for some reason) change their smell. I'm all for embracing diversity here, as long as they don't try to bathe me!
  3. They usually sleep through the night and don't want to play with me during that time. I occasionally bring my toy mouse into their bed in case they'd change their minds about that, but so far I've had little success.
  4. Speaking of sleeping; for some reason they don't nap often or at all during the day. It's no wonder they're all tired during the night!
  5. I've also noticed that they can't see well during the night. They keep turning the lights on when they're looking for me after sunset, even though I can see them quite well.
  6. It's no wonder they choose to walk on their rear paws, as they're very slow and clumsy when they try to move on all four paws. Granted, their front paws have other advantages, but overall they are still pretty slow creatures.
  7. And they seem unable to climb. At all. But I'm not really surprised about that, as their claws aren't really sharp and they are also of the wrong shape. My humans sometimes pretend to scratch my scratching post with me, but I can see they can't really do it properly. I feel sorry for them - scratching is fun, and climbing even more so!
Human paws: not great at moving or climbing, 
but excellent for chin stroking *purrs*

But of course, you can't blame the humans for their uniqueness, you just have to learn how to live with them (or train them to do what you want *wink*). They are often silly, but overall I love having them around. And they do have some awesome characteristics as well, but I'll write more about that another time.

In the mean time, I'm curious to hear about what your favorite weird facts about humans are? Let me know by leaving a comment here or writing your own blog post about that!

8 comments:

Amy and The House of Cats said...

Epic these are hilarious! My kitties are telling me how they think it is weird that I keep bringing trees in the house right now - small ones and a big one too. They thought trees were supposed to be outside. They don't quite understand it but they do love it!

Epic the Cat said...

Oooh, that is certainly quite unusual! My humans aren't doing that (yet?), but I'll ask them if we can get some trees in our home.

P.S.: Are birds included?

Ginger Jasper said...

Thanks so much for the great post, made us smile.. HUgs GJ x

The Island Cats said...

Haha! Epic, we've noticed all those things about the humans too!

The Crew said...

You're very wise, Epic. These keen observations prove, once again, that we felines are the superior species.

Epic the Cat said...

Thanks for the nice comments! And yes, we certainly are the superior species, but humans aren't that bad either. Just occasionally silly.

Glogirly and Katie said...

Epic, you have brought up many curious points about those crazy humans. Especially the hair. The girl humans can't decide whether it should be long or short or blonde or brunette. The boy humans are always scared of losing it. Then when they do lose it they do that comb-over thing. You'd never catch a cat with a comb-over.

We loved your post! Very fun.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Katie & Glogirly

Epic the Cat said...

Oh yes, one of my humans also changed her hair color recently. And her hair now has a very interesting smell. What a silly thing to do!

And thanks for the tip about comb-overs, Katie! I haven't (yet) met a human doing that, but I can imagine it must look pretty silly.

Related Posts with Thumbnails