2

Vets are a strange human subspecies

My humans took me to see the vet, again. And I don't understand why they have to do that, it's not like I'm seriously ill or something *atchoo* Ok, well, I do sneeze from time to time, and get black stuff in my nose... But apart from that I'm fine, seriously.

Still, my humans were worried about my sneezing and dirty nose and they first took me to the vet about two weeks ago. It was not my first visit to the vet, of course, my previous human took me there a few times to get vaccinated and right before changing home to get neutered - I don't know what that means, and I'm not sure I want to know, but I do know that it wasn't pleasant!

Things I hate about vets

Anyhow, there are several things that I don't approve of when it comes to visiting the vet. I don't mind the traveling part that much, as one of my humans always sits next to my cage in the back of the car and talks to me. But that place... ugh, there's always at least a few dogs there, and I don't know what to do about them. I've never had contact with them, and they always act so silly. I think cats are so much smarter than dogs. Last time, one of them tried to lick my cage, and I showed her who the cat is by roaring at her!

And there's the vets themselves. I don't know what's wrong with this human subspecies, but they always poke me in uncomfortable places. And then they also tell my humans to do silly things, like give me pills or clean my nose. And they tell them I have a nasal infection, which is just silly! *atchoo* And oh! Let's not forget that last time, I also got microchipped! I didn't like the human that microchipped me at all, as he didn't rub my belly and he also stung me a little. My humans say the microchip in my left shoulder will help them find me if I ever get lost. I have no idea how and I don't plan to get lost anyway, but it's nice to see them caring for me.

I don't mind the pills when they come with food

So, after the first visit the humans started giving me small, pink pills twice a day (I think they're called antibiotics?). At first I didn't want to eat them, but then I figured out that I also get yummy food with the pills, so I don't mind that anymore. I'm a good cat, eat my pill, and them enjoy the real food.

My humans also started cleaning my nose. I don't like that one little bit, it's so annoying! Luckily, they stopped doing that every day, and the pills seem to be working (don't tell the vets I said that!), as I don't get that much black stuff in my nose anymore. I also sneeze less. Despite this, the vet I saw today said I'll have to eat the pills for a little bit longer, until I stop sneezing completely. I'm ok with it if I'll keep getting the yummy food twice a day.


But I sure do hope I won't have to see another vet soon. Let them poke dogs all they want, we cats can take care of ourselves just fine!

funny pictures of cats with captions


2 comments:

Inigo Flufflebum and d'Artagnan Rumblepurr said...

Nice to met you my new friend! I'm a Maine Coon too, and my brother is a ragdoll.. our mummy is VERY taken with your photos (we're not going to let her look any more)

Epic the Cat said...

Nice too meet you too buddy! My mommy likes both Maine Coons and Ragdolls, so she is also looking at your photos A LOT. You know how it is with these humans... But at the end of the day they wouldn't trade us for any other cat, because we're so awesome. As long as they only look, I don't mind that much

A purring hello to both you are you brother! (and your humans)

Related Posts with Thumbnails