22

Celebrating my 1st birthday

Dear anipals and human servants, it is with great pleasure that I would like to announce my resignation from the kitten club and at the same time apply for membership in the esteemed league of adult cats. I believe I am now old enough to officially graduate from kitten to cat. Let me introduce you to some evidence that shows the progress I have made in the first year of my life:

It all started on May 13, 2009 when my mom gave birth to 6 little kittens. I don't remember much of my early days, but I do remember my mom took good care of us. I was given the official name Flash'n Dash - Amor.

First official photo, still a bit unsure and way more ginger than I really am
(Photo by Suniva)
It was fun growing up with my big cat family, but it wasn't too long until my brothers and sisters started leaving home to live with other humans, and my mom was telling me that someday I would also find a new home. I wasn't quite sure what to think about that, so I wasn't too excited when some humans showed up around my 5 months birthday and started talking about taking me away from my cat family.

Listening to humans discussing my new home - should I be worried?
And sure enough, a week or so later, on October 17, I had to say goodbye to my cat family and after an hour long car drive, I first set paws and whiskers in my new home. It was a very interesting experience, and there was so much to explore! I also got a new, shorter name: Epic. And of course, I had to get used to my new human servants, which wasn't as difficult as I feared it would be.

1st day at my new home - this isn't bad at all!
At the end of October I started writing this journal to keep track of my new, exciting life and share my findings about the world.

Little explorer (November)
Meanwhile, my humans made sure I was getting good food, so was gaining about 1 kg per month in the first few months at my new home. Here's a chart of how I was gaining weight in the second half of my first year:

As you can see from my weight chart, my growth started slowing down in January, but I was still visibly growing up and started to develop more adult features.

Looking all grown up with my fluffy winter mane (January)
And today, I finally get to celebrate my first birthday! My humans have been telling me for some time that I'm a big cat already, but I am glad I finally have the numbers to prove it. As this is my first ever birthday I'm not quite sure what to expect from the celebrations, but I hear rumors that there will be many treats, cuddles and a lot of play time involved, which is just what a cat needs! And oh, a great thing about being officially an adult cat is that my humans now allow me to eat special, king size Maine Coon kibble that I simply adore!

I'm a big cat now!
I hope you enjoyed sharing my first year of life with me, and I promise to keep bringing you exciting reports of my cat life. Thanks for following me!

22 comments:

Kea said...

Happy birthday, Epic! Wow, you certainly have grown into a HUGE (and of course gorgeous) mancat!

We wish you a wonder-full day with lots of those treats and cuddles and toys!

Martin Hooper said...

Epic only just started to read your blog! You are a lovely cat and Happy BDay to you my friend!

Samantha, Clementine and Maverick said...

Happy Birthday Epic!! You have grown into a very handsome Mancat!! We just love your ginger furs!! Have a wonderful fun filled day!
Your TX furiends,

Cathy Keisha said...

Happy Birthday Epic! Welcome to Mancathood. Now we just have to find you a stunning girlcat. *flutters eyes*

Amy and The House of Cats said...

Happy Happy Birthday Epic - you are almost the same age as Barney (you might be exactly the same - we don't know his exact birthday so we picked 5/16 - but it is right around this time). He will be a mancat on Sunday!

Anyway, we wanted to sing you our special birthday song!

What day is today?
It's Epic's Birthday!
What a day for a Birthday!
Let's all have some cake!!

We hope you have a wonderful, fun, special day today and get lots of great scritches and treats!!

Everycat said...

Happy Birthday Epic, my how you have grown. You are a fine and handsome mancat.

Have a lovely day with lots of love, fun and treats! ...oh and these fresh, english, churchyard mice that I brought for you..

*puts down gift wrapped box*

Whicky Wuudler et al

George The Duck said...

Happy Birthday Epic! I'm glad to meet you. I have added you to my links :)
*ducky hugs*

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Happy Birthday Epic! You are such a big mancat!!

Hope you have a glorious day!!

CCL Wendy said...

Happy Furst Birthday, Epic! Your first year has certainly been an Epic journey -- and it's just the start!

Welcome to mancathood, and specifically Maine Coon mancathood (it's a little different because you keep on growing and getting more furs, believe it or not!).

I hope you get everything you want today and more. Your beans can never spoil you too much. And that's as it shoud be.

Happy, happy day, handsome!

Pandafur said...

Happy purrday Epic, you iz a big mankat now!

Teri and the cats of Furrydance said...

We liked seeing the photos from babycat to mancat...you are one hunk of handsomeness! Happurry Birthday, Epic!

The Island Cats said...

Epic, you have grown from a cute babycat to a handsome mancat! Happy Birthday! We hope you have a treat-filled day!

Jan's Funny Farm said...

Happy Birthday, Epic! Hope the day included lots of special treats and presents.

meowmeowmans said...

Hooray for you! Happy Birthday, Epic! You are now a seriously handsome mancat! :)

Furkidsmom said...

Happy Birthday Epic and Welcome to the world of ManCats. Don't forget to join the M-Cats club!


Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Fin said...

Happy Birthday Epic! You are a glorious mancat and oh so handsome!

Jacqueline said...

Happy Birthday gorgeous Epic!!...We really enjoyed your post and loved your photos; you've grown into such a handsome mancat!...We hope all your birthday wishes come true...kisses sweet friend...xo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

Inigo Flufflebum and d'Artagnan Rumblepurr said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my friend! You're looking so proud and floofy, we hope you get lots of great stuff on your special day.

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

Happy birthday! You know, you started your blog at about the same age I started mine! Of course, I was your age in January of 2003, so I've been around a little longer. But you have certainly outgrown me - you are a HUGE, gorgeous Maine Coon, and I am a little 6-lb. Somali kitty.

Keiko (from Kitty Trio) said...

Happy Birthday Epic!
You have grown so much in your first year. You're a verrry handsome mancat!
Hope you get spoilt rotten at your party!

Parker said...

You are one handsome kitty! We hope you had a great birthday!
Smoochies!

brandi said...

Happy Birthday, Epic, and please go to my blog for a nice surprise.

Related Posts with Thumbnails