Here's my basic list of attention grabbers*:
- Talking. We all know that cats don't really vocalize much among each other, but humans seem to like that, so try to imitate that. Of course, we, Maine Coons, have an unfair advantage in this area with our wide range of vocalization abilities.
- Staring. Stare at your humans, and make sure you have big, cute eyes. Simply unresistable.
- Tail swooshing. A universal sign that your require human attention and not receiving it.
- Fooling around. Do something unusual that will make your humans go "awwww".
* Note: you can always combine one or more elements on the list depending on how busy your humans are.