12

How to attract your humans' attention

Ah, humans. Such wonderful creatures with the ability to turn almost every inanimate object into prey and keep us entertained for hours. Unfortunately, they also have the tendency to get sidetracked by their silly human stuff and neglect their main duty as servants of cats. And what can you do when that happens?

Here's my basic list of attention grabbers*:
  • Talking. We all know that cats don't really vocalize much among each other, but humans seem to like that, so try to imitate that. Of course, we, Maine Coons, have an unfair advantage in this area with our wide range of vocalization abilities.
  • Staring. Stare at your humans, and make sure you have big, cute eyes. Simply unresistable.
  • Tail swooshing. A universal sign that your require human attention and not receiving it.
  • Fooling around. Do something unusual that will make your humans go "awwww". 
But hey, why am I writing this list when I can just show you my technique with a clip? Have a look, and see how I combine all listed elements into one Epic performance:


* Note: you can always combine one or more elements on the list depending on how busy your humans are.

12 comments:

Kea said...

That definitely was Epic. :-)

And adorable and irresistible.

Usually Nicki knocks things over that shouldn't be knocked over, to get the human's attention. If that doesn't work, he does his "poor me" routine. Annie will make nice and if that doesn't work, will give the cold back of disrespect. Derry will squeak in an adorable manner and climb into the human's lap--a sure winner.

Hannah and Lucy said...

My two cats are looking for Epic high and low as they could hear the chirrups!

Jacqueline said...

Epic, you are a darling, gorgeous boy=who could resist those sweet chirps for attention?...xo...Calle, Halle, Sukki

catsintrees said...

Wow, you really are master of chirps.

One Cats Nip said...

Epic....my Mom would be putty in your hands...I must hide this video from her...no hard feelings my brother

Sparkle the Designer Cat said...

That was great, but I'm afraid that we are SO not that polite! I will go over to my human and poke her with one claw out when I want something out of her, or I will sit there and look mad. Binga, who is more passive-aggressive, just misbehaves when she wants attention.

Baby Patches said...

MOL hehehe dat is one epic purrformance my furried!

Purrrrrrrrrrs

Inigo Flufflebum and d'Artagnan Rumblepurr said...

My friend, that is some mighty fine chirping! And we loved the back paw action too!

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

Epic, so nice to hear that sweet voice! That must work everytime!

Martin Hooper said...

Epic you would have me wrapped around that cute paw of yours...

Love the video...

Cathy Keisha said...

The woman thought I was the only cat to coo like a pigeon. Nicely done. I am in the process of trying out your technique.

Teri and the cats of Furrydance said...

Watching your video was like going to school for cool cats--you are a grrreat teacher, Epic!

Related Posts with Thumbnails